Date is a sweet fruit with a lot of health benefits. Most of the dates are dry. If the skin of the date is wrinkled, then it is dry if the surface is smooth, the date is fresh. Dates are small size fruit with color ranging from red to yellow. It is a very famous fruit in the middle east. We call dates “khajoor” in Hindi and “tawarikh” in Arabic.
The date is full of nutrients and has many health benefits. It prevents constipation, improves heart health, regulates cholesterol level, treats anemia, treats diarrhea, and very good for skin and hair.
A date has many types. One of the best dates is found in the Gaza strip. It is red and sweet. Another type is Zaghoul. This type is exclusively in Egypt. It has red skin and large structure, and it is delightful. The most expensive kind of dates is Sukkary from Saudi Arabia. It has dark brown skin and sweet taste. Khadrawy is also very popular in Arabs.
Nutrition value of dates :
100 grams of date contains
|Calcium||39 mg (4% of daily value)|
|Iron||1 mg (8% of DV)|
|Magnesium||43 mg (12% of DV)|
|Phosphorus||62 mg (9% of DV)|
|Potassium||656 mg (14% of DV)|
|Sodium||2 mg (0% of DV)|
|Zinc||0.29 mg (3% of DV)|
|Folate||5% of DV|
|Vitamin B6||13% of DV|
|Energy||277K calorie (14% of DV)|
|Fat||0.15 g (1% of DV)|
|Niacin||1 mg (10% of DV)|
|Thiamin||0.050 mg (4% of DV)|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Vitamin K||2% of DV|
|Copper||40% of DV|
|Pyridoxine||19% of DV|
nutrition value reference
Benefits of dates for women :
Dates have a lot of health benefits. Let’s see some of its benefits for women.
- Good for hair :
Hair problems are common in women. Hair loss, hair damage, and dandruff are common hair problems.
- Dates contain a high amount of iron and vitamin B these two nutrients helps in circulation of blood in the body and responsible for hair growth.
- Dates also contain vitamin B5 that reduces hair loss by strengthening the hair follicles.
- Proteins in dates help to make hair healthy, shiny, and straight.
- In summer season due to heat and sun rays, hair becomes damaged. Dates protect hair from UV rays and treat splits ends.
- Another reason for hair loss is oxygen is not adequately disperse in our body. Iron found in dates makes sure the proper dispersion of oxygen in the entire body.
- Good for the skin :
Dates are excellent for women skin. These also have anti-aging effects. Let’s see how dates keep our skin healthy.
- Dates are rich in vitamin C and vitamin D. These vitamins increase skin elasticity and make skin smooth.
- Dates reduce the accumulation of melanin in our body and create anti-aging effects. Moreover, dates contain phytohormones. These hormones have anti-aging effects.
- Dates are rich in iron that helps in blood circulation. Proper blood circulation makes our skin glowy and shiny.
- If you are having any skin problem, start talking dates.
- Benefits of dates for women in pregnancy :
Dates have a lot of benefits for pregnant women. Let’s see some of its benefits for pregnant women.
- A pregnant woman needs 300 times more calories than a non-pregnant woman. So a pregnant woman tends to eat food with a lot of calories. These high calories foods are less in nutrients which make a nutrients deficiency in a pregnant woman. Dates are full of calories and nutrients. So dates are very beneficial for pregnant women.
- Pregnant women often face pregnancy hemorrhoid. It is a painful condition in which uterus and rectum veins get swollen. This condition is because of insufficient fiber in the body. Dates provide enough fiber to cure hemorrhoids.
- There is a deficiency of hemoglobin in pregnant women that leads to health problems. Iron found in dates produces sufficient hemoglobin for the body.
- Pregnant women feel tiredness. Dates increase the oxygen-carrying capacity in the body. It also increases the number of red blood cells that keep your body energetic and fresh.
- Many time babies are born with a deficiency of vitamin K. vitamin K helps in bone formation. Mothers who eat dates can quickly provide vitamin K to their children through breastfeeding.
- Dates contain iron that makes the immune system of baby and mother healthy.
- Cure anemia :
Many pregnant women face anemia because of a lack of iron. Low amount of iron reduces red blood cells. In this condition, you feel weak and tired. Dates help in cure anemia by providing you sufficient iron.
- Strong bones :
Osteoporosis is a condition in which body loss bones. This condition is common in women because they lose estrogen hormone. Estrogen hormone protects bones in women. Dates provide nutrients like selenium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and copper. These nutrients make your bones healthy and increase numbers of estrogen hormones.
- Healthy heart :
Heart disease is a leading cause of women,s death in the United States. About every five females, one dies because of heart disease. If you eat date regularly, your heart will be healthy.
The date is a rich source of potassium that reduces the risk of heart disorders. Higher cholesterol level in blood leads to a heart attack. Iron and fiber in date lessen the cholesterol level.
Side effects of eating dates :
There are also some effects of eating dates.
- Weight gain :
Dates can lead to weight gain. As we know, dates are high in calories, sugar, and fiber. One gram of date contains nearly three calories. So eating dates frequently can cause weight gain.
- Cause abdominal issue :
Dates are not available whole year. So people preserve them by applying sulfites. It is a compound used to preserve fruits. This compound can cause gas, diarrhea, and other abdominal issues.
- Can cause hyperkalemia :
Dates are rich in potassium and can cause hyperkalemia. Hyperkalemia is a condition of a high level of potassium in the body. It can cause vomiting, chest pain, tiredness, and breathing problems.
The date is very high in nutrients like fiber, potassium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin K, and iron. All these nutrient contribute to a healthy life. Dates protect us from many diseases and can boost our sexual health. You can eat dates in many forms. You can eat raw date as it is very sweet and tasty.
You can make date shake by adding then in milk. Add dates in your diet from today to experience its health effects. However, too much consumption of dates can be harmful.